What are the “clairs” and how do you develop them? Clairs is short for clair senses, which involves using your intuitive senses to reveal things. Spiritual information is all around us and it is just a matter of interpreting the information. These are like radio frequencies one can tune into to get that information. A basic example of this is your gut feeling or using your 6th sense to understand what is around you and what you are feeling from it.
The six different clairs are:
- Clairvoyance–having clear seeing, someone sees through the third eye between his or her two eyes. One sees flashes, images, or something like a movie film of what is happening in the past, present or future.
- Clairaudience–having clear hearing, someone who hears information with the mind, not the ears. Basically, it is telepathic information coming into one’s mind. Sometimes people will hear this as a regular voice as if someone is speaking to them.
- Claircognizance–having clear knowing, someone has information or knowledge of something that he or she does not actually know. Thoughts come out of nowhere, popping into one’s mind, and give information about something that might happen in the future.
- Clairsentience–having clear feeling, someone can feel the information within him or herself. An example of this would be if someone is having an anxiety attack and the clairsentience person feels this in his or her own chest.
- Clairgustance–having clear tasting, someone can taste something that isn’t really there. For example, someone tastes chocolate but he or she is not actually eating any chocolate.
- Clairalience—having clear smelling, someone can smell odors that are not present. An example of this would be to smell some perfume or a cigar, but neither of these things is present in that moment.
Now that you know the clairs, how do you figure out what ones resonate with you? The best way is to sit quietly for a few minutes and start to feel the energies around you. Look at the area where you are at, scan that room. Then close your eyes and breathe deeply for a few minutes and start to take note of what you saw in that room. Can you “see” an item, or do you “hear” a sound, maybe it’s a feeling that is in your stomach, a taste in your mouth, or a smell of something? Or, perhaps you know something unexpectedly. Once you can identify how you felt, you are well on your way to knowing what your clair(s) are! This is the start to opening your intuitive side and will allow you to better understand the spiritual information you are getting as senses or intuition. It is how you interpret the energy as well as connect to the other side.
Be sure to let us know which clair(s) resonate with you in the comments!